Become a Member of MCGS!
NEW - Join Online - Member Application Form with PayPal
You do not need a PayPal account to join online. You can use your own payment card.
Please note that Mail-In Application will take at least 4 weeks to process. You will receive a welcoming email when your membership has been entered.
Current members: To RENEW, please use the mail-in application form, or log-in to members only section and renew online with PayPal
When you join the Milwaukee County Genealogical Society, Inc. you join a group of people who share a common interest in the history and genealogy of our city, county, state and nation as well as our overseas "roots". You will receive the MCGS Reporter, a quarterly publication, containing articles and abstracts of published and unpublished records of historical and genealogical value. The Reporter and email messages will keep you informed of the Society's goals and activities, its calendar of events, and upcoming genealogical events across the nation.
Membership Privileges and Benefits
Members of the Milwaukee County Genealogical Society are entitled to the following privileges and benefits:
- Digital subscription to the quarterly newsletter, the Reporter, with free queries for members. Online queries also available if you have an email address.
- Ten meetings each year featuring speakers on topics of genealogical and historical interest.
- Opportunities to meet and exchange information with other researchers. Information about other local speakers available at meetings and through the Reporter.
- Opportunity to participate in Area Research Groups sharing information and solving research problems. (currrently: Italy, Mexico, Czech Republic / Slovakia)
- Beginner's Classes once a month from September to June with a new topic each month which includes a spring visit to the State Historical Society Library and Archives in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Opportunities for participation in the activities of the Society through serving on committees, participating at the MCGS booth at various Ethnic Festivals, recording names from microfilm for various indexes and other volunteering activities.
- Ability to take advantage of group discount rates for annual fall trips to the various locations. For example: Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah; The National Archives in Washington, DC.; Newberry Library, Chicago, IL; Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, IN.
- Attend and/or volunteer at the Society's sponsored bi-annual conference featuring national and local speakers covering a variety of topics - members receive a reduced rate.
What's Available in the Members Only Section
- Profile - Your individual Member Information
- Forums - Only Members can contribute
- Surname Research - Members submitted surnames they are researching
- DNA Webinars
- MCGS Photos
- MCGS Reporter, in pdf format is available online, including the current issue and back issues from 1969
- Volunteer Opportunities