Dear Friends of Mexican Genealogy:
I will be offering three free Mexican Genealogy Classes for Beginners. Two will be held at the Mexican Fiesta Office and the third class will be held at the Milwaukee Public Library. The addresses are given below. The room capacity is only 10 people for the Fiesta Office. Hope that you can participate! Register with your contact information. Margarita
R.S.V.P. by May 30 , 2019
Margarita Sandoval Skare
Seating Limited to 10 People
Free Beginner Genealogy Classes
Focusing on Mexican and Mexican American Genealogy
June 8, 2019 Saturday-Class 1, Mexican Fiesta Office--- 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
2997 So. 20th St. Milwaukee WI 53215, (Just North of 20th and Oklahoma) 414-383-7066, Free parking available
- · Gathering Information from Family Members, Citing Sources, Organizing your family history
- · Document types, Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, Death)
- · Research Guides, Libraries, Societies, Organizations, Websites
- · Using Pedigree Charts and Family Group Record Sheets
- · Overview of FamilySearch.org (free online)
- · Demonstration searches for Vital records from Mexico and U.S.
June 15, 2018 Saturday- Class 2, Mexican Fiesta Office--- 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- · Overview of Ancestry.com ($$ International Version or use free at Milwaukee Public Library) 240 million indexed Mexican records
- · Ancestry.com demonstration using the 1930 census from Mexico
- · Ancestry.com demonstration using indexed Border Crossing Records from Mexico into the U.S.
- · Using the Milwaukee Public Library County Catalog (mpl.org)
June 22, 2018 Saturday—Class 3, Milwaukee Public Central Library, 814 West Wisconsin Ave. 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.,
Free street parking surrounding the building, Humanities Room, 2nd floor
- · Librarian presentation on the materials that can be used for genealogy pertaining to Milwaukee, U.S. and Mexico.
- · We will assist you with your research using books, databases, and free Ancestry Library.
- · Bring your laptops, tablets, etc. to access the databases and Ancestry Library using the free WiFi at the Milwaukee Public Library. I will also have loptops available.
Wisconsin Hispanic Scholarship Foundation-Mexican Fiesta Office,
Milwaukee County Genealogical Society and Milwaukee Public Library!